Click here to see this issue online eCrafty.com July 12
We've cooked up a FUN and EASY little group of pendants using a few of our customer favorites. Click on any picture for closeup.
1. By the Sea, embellished bamboo domino tile pendant by Anne. She used a bamboo domino tile, painted silver with a metallic silver sharpie, trimmed one of our starfish charms and applied seed bead mix and a crystal bead accent to the base with 3D Crystal Lacquer. She added a simple hanging element to the bottom with our bali bead cap mix and a few crystals. She finished this piece with a piece of chain strung through the length-drilled domino tile to wear as a pendant.
2. Recycled Gauguin bamboo domino tile pendant. Kim made this from a left over calendar page and a black bamboo domino tile, glued and sealed with 3D Crystal Lacquer sealer. She applied one of our rectangular glue-on bails to the back to make the tile function more as a traditional pendant than a bolero/beaded style adornment. Easy, fast, fun!
3. Bali Style Beaded Pendants by Hannah. These little beauties are made from our new Bali Bead Cap mix ~ Hannah strung an array of ideas to show how versatile this new mix is! One of my favorite ways to use the our new Bead Cap Mix is to string the caps bottom to bottom, creating larger focal Bali Style bead combos. Beautiful!
Here's another sample from Hannah ~ great ideas and not enough room in our newsletter to feature them all - our advice, get a pack and start playing!
The basics: Use headpins and eyepins for smaller pendants and hanging doo dads, use beading wire or craft wire for longer pieces. Either twist the bottom into a loop or string onto your headpin starting with a spacer bead.
We've been having so much FUN with our latest shipment of mini bottles in sizes ranging from 3/4" to 3.5". Here's some really FUN DIY ideas that our crafty friends (& coworkers) have made recently.
Click on any image for a closeup view.
More FUN with Mini Bottles ~ below!. Well, by now, you understand we cannot stay away from the mini bottles!
4. Bali Beaded Fairy Dust or Tooth Fairy Bottles by Anne. Here's a fun little set bali-style bead cap embellished mini bottles that Anne just cooked up one day. Once you start putting these together, it's hard to stop!. Click for a closeup and watch out - these are great for little tooth fairy bottles, fairy dust, birthday mementos, & tiny sparkly treasures!
5. Mini terrarium jewelry is a strong trend on Etsy & Pinterest, combining Going Green with Handmade items ~ try some ~ make some ~ they're irresistable! Trust us!
Look what Becky and Anne made with our 1200L and 1204M mini bottles! Becky used our smallest size to showcase her incredibly sculpted miniature mushrooms, while Anne used moss/lichen from her yard to make these wonderful charms/pendants.
6. Sea Glass Bottle Toppers Anne just made these the other day and they are irresistable.
She made these very quickly using an assortment of our newmini bottle sizes 1200G, 1200S, 1200T and our Sea Glass Pebble Mixtures in Ocean and Aqua and some Weldbond or e6000 for securing the pebbles to the corks. Anne found that our new pebbles are perfect for gluing (magnets, bottle toppers, pendants) as they have many flattened sides. Consider these for wire wrapping, fridge magnets, jewelry making, and e6000 insta-crafting this summer!
Made to mimic rare beach glass treasures - our man made sea glass beads and pebbles are made from earth-friendly recycled glass, tumbled into super smooth pebbles ~ sure to win you over with their glowing hues. You can see MORE of our Ocean-Inspired products here.7. Mother Earth Bud Vase Made with our mini bottles - crafty Anne drilled a log from her yard with 7/8" or 1" bit and inserted our mini bottles 1200S and 1200G, corkless, for an instant bud vase centerpiece. This is a great idea for summer time entertaining ~ if you've got a handy drill nearby - this is a very quick project!
8. Mini Bottle Piglet Charm ~ Customize with color! Our friend and coworker (and recent high school graduate!) Hannah fell in love with our mini bottle pigletsand quickly filled one with our $1 pink seed bead mix 417. The result? A near-instant, custom-colored pig charm! Irresistable!
Remember to use your newsletter member codeJULY2012 at checkout for an instant savings of 20% on everything in your cart before shipping.
Click here to see ALL of our new arrivals! Save 20% with your subscriber promo code JULY2012 on your payment page. If you don't see the promo code box at checkout, just E-us with the code or e-us with your ORDER number and code We'll apply your 20% savings as a refund to you when your order ships.